Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wedded Bliss Wednesday

This week is all about advice.
And because I love to give my opinions every chance I get,
I'm pretty excited about this post.



{Disclaimer: Everything in this post is simply my opinion.
I've been married a little over a year...
we're just starting to figure out what works best for us.
I can't even begin to tell someone else what might work best for them.}

Therefore, my answer to the first question is pretty simple:

If you could give one piece of advice to any married (or soon-to-be married) couple, what would it be?
Don't listen to half of the advice other people give you.
People are going to give you advice based on what's worked for them
gained through lessons they've learned.
But, together, you and your husband have to learn your own lessons
and find your own, er, rhythm if you will.
That's not to say these couples don't have great advice to hear. 
And 9 times out of 10, they probably do know what they're talking about.
(Especially if they've been married for like ten million years.)
But at the end of the day,
you gotta do you.


What is an absolute MUST for any marriage/relationship?
Communication, trust, passion, 
the usual run of the mill things.
But I think one really important thing every marriage/relationship needs
(that no one really tells you)
is individualism. 
Being married doesn't mean that
you have to lose sight of who you are.
It's okay if you don't want to watch the same TV show,
or go to the same movie,
or eat the same dinner. 
Having time to yourself is still important,
even after your married.
Just make sure it's not ALL the time.
He is your husband after all.

What is the #1 no-no in a marriage?
Cheating.
Everything else is good to go.
(Even toots...I mean, come on ladies
you are human.
And I'm sure your man will love you just the same.
He better at least.)

What is the biggest lesson you have learned from your marriage?
All of the above.
Oh, and to always be each other's best friends!



Don't forget to link up!



Hugs,



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha love it all! Although my husband would disagree and say toots are a no-no! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete