Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Over It.

Y'all - I have a serious problem.
One that's probably going to cause 85% of you to click that little red X in the corner.
But....I am already OVER all the pumpkin flavored/scented everything.


This is a problem for several reasons.
100% of the blogs I follow seem to be obsessed with all things pumpkin.
90% of all the real life friends I have also seem to be obsessed with all things pumpkin.
And it's only September 9. Fall hasn't even really started yet. Therefore the obsession isn't going anywhere any time soon.

And I don't think I'll be able to take it....

I like fall. It's not my most favorite season. But there are so many fun, wonderful things about fall that it's hard not to love it at least a little bit.

The cooler air is nice. Not that Eastern North Carolina knows much about that considering it's still 89 degrees and I just finished nursing a sunburn from last week.
The wardrobe change is nice. Helloooooo scarves. Although, that too is something Eastern North Carolina doesn't know much about. See above.
It's football season. Which duh, is about as good as it gets.
It's the start of all the fun holidays. Face it, by the time Halloween rolls around it's just one big holiday season smorgasbord.
There's so many fun fall decorations. 
And there's lot of yummy fall foods.


But this new trend of "pumpkin-fieing" everything is seriously on my last nerve.
I mean, y'all didn't even ease into the pumpkin craze.
Labor Day came and went and all of a sudden we are in full fledge pumpkin mode.
All weekend long my entire Instagram newsfeed has been filled with pictures of pumpkin flavored bread, liquor, coffee, beer, donuts, dog turds, the list goes on and on.



I love y'all. And I love that you all have found something you are so passionate about.
But for the love of God, give it a rest.
If you're able to sit in fall appropriate weather stuffing your face with pumpkin, than please, at least try not to document every second of it on every social media platform.
Some of us are still sipping Coronas desperately holding on to the last bits of summer.



That is all.

Hugs,
(and promises for a more cheery mood tomorrow.)

5 comments:

  1. I like pumpkin stuff... But in moderation! People are definitely going overboard with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad.... I don't even know if you follow me or not, but I'm not obsessed with pumpkin! Fall is my favorite season, but I haven't once posted about a pumpkin spice latte or fall decorations! =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pumpkin is fine in moderation, but I'm sick of the pumpkin spice lattes overtaking my Instagram feed. I KNOW WHAT STARBUCKS LOOKS LIKE. Also, we went from upper 80's degree weather on Sunday to low-mid 60's yesterday and through the rest of the week. We're being told snow is imminent, like, within 2 weeks imminent, and it isn't even Autumn yet.

    Milk that summer and those coronas for me. I'm going straight from tank tops to Long Johns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You're too funny. I agree. Love fall, but notsomuch the pumpkins. I do like them as decoration, but not the flavor. Plus, it's like 90 degrees outside. I'd rather have a shaved ice than a pumpkin latte any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen amen amen. I dislike the smell and taste of pumpkin. But girl give me some christmas time and some peppermint flavored stuff and I might as well become the elf on the shelf I get so freaking excited :)

    ReplyDelete