Monday, November 25, 2013

Let the countdown begin...

This week officially starts the countdown to the countdown to Christmas. You see, I'm a BIG believer in waiting until after Thanksgiving before going all going all cookoo for coco coco puffs over Christmas time. Don't get me wrong....I LOVE everything about Christmas. And I mean everything. Except for that fact that people these days think it starts November 1. And it just doesn't. It starts the day after Thanksgiving, whatever date that might be.

This year that date happens to be November 28 aka this Friday. So in honor of Thanksgiving, the holiday where we spend time stuffing our faces and being thankful for all our good fortunes, and the impending holiday that I love and am so excited to almost finally be able to recognize, I'm going to spend this week writing extremely sappy posts about how thankful I am for all the things I have to be thankful for.

Like these crazy folks.


I am extremely thankful that Robbie and I have found our way into such a great group of friends. Not very many people can make me smile, let alone laugh out loud before 9AM. However, this group finds a way to do just that most Saturdays.

I'm especially thankful that they continue to love me even though, this particular weekend, I was the "enemy".

And even though my team could't pull it through this weekend I am still thankful to be a member of the Wolfpack. I'm extremely thankful for the college education I received from NCSU (I'm still convinced it's the best education program around) and I'm thankful for the memories I created during those four years of college  - the good ones, the bad ones, and the ones I don't completely recall. After all, my time at State led to my soulmate. Whom I'm extremely thankful for.


I'm also extremely thankful for the "grown-up" relationship we have. I miss her being a short walk down the hall, every single day. But I love love love how, even if it's been two months since we've seen other, we're still able to pick up right where we left off.

I'm thankful for the friends I've made at work and how they've become more than just "coworkers". I love how they support me, inspire me, and encourage me. I also love how we can laugh and talk and cry together and find that hours together really feel more like minutes.


Finding friends in your twenty's is tough. Several other bloggers have talked about it before and they've absolutely hit the nail on the head. I'm thankful everyday for the friendships I have, new and old.

Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for a blog friend that became a "real life" friend and a Wolfpack fan who can embrace a Pirate too :)

    ReplyDelete