Monday, August 25, 2014

Some Southern Style

Well folks, it's official. Back to school is kicking my tail. And today's only the first day with kids. Last week was a whirlwind, dusting the cobwebs off of summertime and setting up for another busy year ahead.

The end of summer is always bittersweet. It's nice to get back into a routine. I just wish that routine didn't start at 5:15 in the morning.

I also always wish I had had more time to get things done around the house. Remember that summer to-list I created? Yea...well, as usual, I veered off a bit and still have quite a few unchecked boxes. But I think I figured out my problem - my crafty eyes are always bigger than my patience. I have all these great ideas and then I realize how hard, and time consuming, executing them really is. Plus, nine times out of ten, the vision I have in my head is much better than what actually comes out.

That's why I am thankful for creative ladies like the one behind Some Southern Style. She not only has the amazing vision but she also has the skill to bring those visions to life.


Nicole specializes in custom pieces and turning old, boring furniture into true works of art. I seriously have found myself scrolling through her Facebook pictures in awe.

Up-cycled furniture is such a big thing right now. And for someone who comes from a family obsessed with antiques, it's something I personally love. Being able to take a piece and turn it into something new and unique to your home and your decor style is like the best of both worlds.



It's just hard to do on your own. Trust me, I've tried.

Some Southern Style also has the cutest pallet signs and canvases you could ever think of. And they're all custom ordered to your liking. Perfect for home decor or even adding that personalized touch to a wedding.





If you're like me, you can sit back in your world of denial and tell yourself that you'll eventually get around to re-doing that piece of furniture or you'll just paint something to fill that empty space on the wall above your couch. But let's be real. You won't. And neither will I. And if you do, you'll quickly remember how bad of a painter you are and you'll be disappointed in the "finished" product. 

Let's save us all the trouble and let Nicole help us out. She's got the real talent, plus she's just so stinkin cute and nice to work with. She'll put in the hard work and make it look ten times better than you ever could on your own. 


And while you're at it, go ahead and order this china cabinet. Can you say gorgeous? You know you want it.


No comments:

Post a Comment