Thursday, May 24, 2012

19/30: If I Could Live Anywhere

If you're stopping by for the first time, check out my previous posts here to catch up on things 1-19!


19/30: If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?


I know this is going to sound a little silly, especially since yesterday's post was all about my new house and how exciting it's going to be to actually be able to move in, but if I could live anywhere I would want to live in New York City - Manhattan to be exact, right in the middle of everything, channeling my inner Carrie Bradshaw! (Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream BIG right?)

I first visited New York on a school trip when I was a senior in high school. Just like that, I was hooked! 


Me and my best friend Logan in Times Square January 2007 (ignore my not so delightful fashion sense). 

I went back two years later with Robbie and his mom, again in January of this year with Robbie, and we may or may not already have a hotel booked for this coming up January. (One of the things I love about Robbie is the fact that he's equally obsessed with the Big Apple as I am!)

Us in November 2008

Again in January 2012

I would never want to settle down permanently in New York. I am definitely a small town, southern girl and will always have roots firmly planted in little ole New Bern.

However, there is something thrilling about being among the hustle and bustle of the city and I definitely wouldn't mind spending a year or two as a resident. 

In fact, between us, it's something Robbie and I do talk about every now and then - packing ourselves into an overly priced teeny one-bedroom apartment, quiting our successful careers that we've worked so hard to obtain and waiting tables in Times Square, leaving the only place we've both ever lived behind and starting something completely new and different - it's definitely not a realistic plan.

But let me tell you, if the cards fell in the right place and we could make it happen, I wouldn't think twice. 

What can I say?

Hugs, 

Marianna





No comments:

Post a Comment