Monday, July 16, 2012

Daily 5: Chapter 5

First of all, I feel the need to let everyone know that I am currently typing this post from here:



My supa cute built-in desk my husband surprised me with this weekend! 
Our old house had a built-in desk in the kitchen the L-O-V-E-D! It was a huge selling point for me. 
Unfortunately, this house did not. Sad day. 
That's where Pinterest and my knight in shining armor come in. 
I've always had a thing for nooks and am constantly trying to turn a closet into something other than a closet. We got rid of all our yucky closet doors as soon as we moved in and I told Robbie I was thinking about jut building a built-in desk in the guest room closet, based on several pins I had seen, creating my own little office nook.
Little did I know, he was scheming the whole thing. 
I went off to a girls' weekend and came home to this beauty. Heaven.

Anywho....back on track with this post. 


Read to Someone and Listen to Reading

I see the point in combining these two components for reading purposes. But I am so torn on this chapter. I feel like I really understand one of these components (Read to Someone) and am on point, ready to implement it in my classroom, starting, like, yesterday. 

But Listen to Reading always stumps me. 

I've used storylineonline a ton. My kids love it! If you've never used it, you definitely need to check it out! It's a website where celebrities read classic books like a The Polar Express, A Bad Case of Stripes, and Harry the Dirty Dog! It is really neat. 
However, it's really all I use. My kids don't seem to get tired of it, which is good, but I would like to have more options. 
Our library has some books on tape/CD (yes we still have some cassette tapes) that I'm interested in using next year but that brings me to the minor dilemma of setting up a CD player and teaching my students how to use it. 
It is just a minor dilemma and should be easily solved, it just makes me a little hesitant. 

What ideas do y'all have for Listen to Reading stations? 
I've seen a lot of milk crate seats/benches on Pinterest that I think I might be ready to tackle.

These are my favorites...milk crates ziptied together! Presh.


What other (if any) websites do you use for read alouds?


I hope you lovely ladies are having a wondering Monday! :)
Remember to link up and share your D5 ideas!

Hugs,

Marianna

P.S. In case you missed this post, I found out last week that I'll be moving to First Grade next year! I'm extremely excited but now my mind is on overdrive thinking about all the fun, new things I get to do with my sweet babies! Any and all helpful First Grade tips are welcome! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your new desk area- please tell your husband a new follower thinks he did a FANTASTIC job. What a wonderful surprise that must have been! Thank you for the versatile award, the thought was appreciated and your kind words about my blog :)

    Catherine
    Kinder Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of storyline online before and I just checked it out!! It is SO cool!! I will have to use that next year - thanks for the tip!

    I just found your blog :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marianna,

    Found you on the blog hop and just joined your blog. Hop over for a visit when you have time. Your hubby is such a sweetheart.

    Liz :)

    http://crazyforkindergarten68.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete