Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Not Your Grandma's Election

Warning: This is NOT, I repeat, this is NOT a political post.

Trust me, no one hates politics more than this girl.
However, in case you haven't noticed
or have been trying desperately to block it all out,
there is a pretty big election on the horizon.
In fact, it's 41 days away (in case you were wondering)
and the only way I know that is because for some strange reason
the weatherman informed me of it this morning while I was 
innocently munching on my cinnamon toast waffle. 


A girl just wants to enjoy her Eggo in peace, afterall.

Now, don't get me wrong.
I do realize how important politics are
and at the root of it all,
we, as Americans are pretty lucky to even have the chance
to mudsling and express our completely biased opinions.
Not everyone else has that privilege. 

I also realize that it is our civic duty to vote
and I'm a firm believer in being the change you wish to see in the world. 
If you're not happy with the way things are, 
do something about it,
instead of just complaining.
Ideally, voting is one way to go about this. 

Apparently....
my sweet, God-fearing, 80-year-old Mema agrees.

Oh yea, she still attends Luaus too.


And to ensure that all of her children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews
see the importance in voting
she sent out a letter. 


That's right, folks.
Somehow, this sweet little old lady
got hold of a photocopier,
used her very neatest handwriting,
found relevant articles to reference
and mailed her (not so subtle) opinion 
out to 15 plus people. 

For those of you that aren't lucky enough to know my Mema personally
this story won't touch your heart in quite the same way.
 But you can trust me on this one...
if you're ever running for office
you want this lady as your running mate.

Hear that future president fellas?


Hugs,


1 comment: