Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Commercials LIE

Specifically the Rice Krispie Treat commercials.


They are never that easy to make. 
And all you mamas that have successfully been able to make them
with your toddler sized children 
without tears and yelling and sticky marshmallow hair,
hats off to you.

Because I'm convinced it's just not possible.
And afraid that's a memory 
my future kids are going to have to live without.

I decided to make Rice Krispie Treats for Valentine's Day.
And changed my mind about half way through,
once it was too late to turn back.

Things started out okay.
I had found completely gluten-free ingredients
so that was exciting.


I had also decided to get extra lovey
and make them heart-shaped,
dipped in white chocolate.
You know, in honor of love day and all.
I know. It was a big undertaking.
I should have known better.

The rest of the process was alright, considering.
Again, if I had had a small child with me,
I probably would be singing a completely different tune.

I didn't get the marshmallows stuck to everything
like I usually do.
And even though I spilt half of the Rice Krispies on the floor,
my handy helpers were there to clean up all the evidence.


I managed to even make several of them heart shaped.
But then came the chocolate dipping.
AKA the disaster.
I think I overcooked the chocolate chips.
It still tasted okay, but the consistency was no good.
Plus also, I got tired of cutting out hearts.


So Robbie came home to three heart Rice Krispie Treats
and a half a pan of regular Rice Krispie Treats.

And even though they weren't commercial worthy,
they definitely were deeeeelicious. 

And that's why, 
even though aesthetically this project was probably an epic fail,
I'm still linking up with Brianna and Tamara for Tasty Tuesday.
Because that's exactly what they were - mm, mm, tasty.





Hugs,




P.S. Big shout-out to my wee-worm who's turning two today!

Seems like just yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. One of our family traditions was that an elderly family member always gave us Rice Krispy Treats for Christmas, and me and my cousins absolutely adored them. She passed away when I was 7, and the tradition ended. However, for Christmas 2011 I decided to revive the tradition, and now I make 3 pans each Christmas. It is the messiest, ugliest, most stressful process ever, and I have no clue how in the world I will manage once we have kids. But you are absolutely right, they taste amazing, and make it so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! They are too cute. I'd do this with an egg cookie cutter for Easter, I think!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    -Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete