Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Sundays make Mondays not so super

I don't know why I get so excited about the Super Bowl each year.

I hate watching football on TV,
there's too many other things around to distract me.
I don't really follow professional football,
so I'm never really emotionally connected to a team.
It's on a Sunday night,
which always messes with my Monday morning wake up call.

Despite all of this....I LOVE the Super Bowl.
I guess maybe it's all the hype that surrounds it
yep, I'm that girl.
But hey, it is what it is.
And I think it is wonderful.

In college, we always had a girls only party for the Super Bowl
where we ate cute Pinterest-inspired football treats,
drank yummy sangria,
and gossiped throughout the entire thing.
It was marvelous.

This year, there were only two things I wanted to do.
Eat pizza and drink beer.
Neither of which are gluten-free might I add.


I saved up all week, 
ate extra carefully
and went all out last night.

I've got the sore joints and headache this morning to prove it.
But it was marvelous!

Some other fun highlights from the game...

First and foremost,
the Sandy Hook chorus rocked it out. 

Even though it took her 18 minutes to sing the whole thing,
Alicia Keys did not lip-sync the National Anthem.

Despite the beauty of the pre-game performances,
there was a lot of tension throughout the game.
It seemed everyone was a little too quick to 
push and shove after plays.
I know it's a big game,
but come on fellows, where is the love?

I did not pull for the 49ers
but Kaepernick is the cutest little thug I've ever seen. 
Seriously, he has such a cute baby face,
but his tattoo sleeves tell a whole other story. 


Beyonce killed it. 
Although her performances always 
make me go into epileptic shock.
But that girl's got moves.

Also, Destiny's Child was back in action kind of.
I loved seeing them up there together,
took me right back to Fifth Grade. 
However, I really wanted them to sing Say My Name
not a new rendition of Single Ladies.
Le sigh.


Then the lights went out, 
because Beyonce just went that hard. 

{Sidenote: one of the little girls in my class has a brother named Jacoby
so every time Jacoby Jones got mentioned, I thought of them.
And Jacoby Jones got mentioned a lot.
Apparently he's a pretty good player.}

I had mixed emotions about the 49ers post-power outage comeback.
On one hand I was glad to see them actually put some points on the board.
No one likes a blowout.

Whoops. Sorry Bravo.

But I had already decided I wanted the Ravens to win. 
I had nothing to be nervous about when they had a 17 point lead.
Once the game got close, I had to actually start paying attention.
Talk about a buzz kill.

The commercials were pretty on point this year too.
GoDaddy is still obnoxious 
(and I'm not really quite sure what it is exactly).
I think Taco Bell's Senior Citizens gone wild
and Budweiser's Clydesdale BFF commercials win. 
Although that eTrade talking baby is always pretty hilarious.


Overall, it was a pretty fabulous Sunday night.
The only thing that could have made it better
would have been if I didn't have to go to work this morning. 
Ugh....in a perfect world.




Hugs,




P.S. I've got something exciting to share with you tomorrow! So be sure to stop back by, ye hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment