Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday Already?!?!

Hallelujah. 
I love short weeks.
Thanks for that Mr. President.

Things have been kind of egh around these parts lately.
It's okay. I'll admit it.
Those curveballs I mentioned last week?
Yea, they still kind of suck.
But all of your sweet, sweet words about Ginger definitely helped.
Thanks for that blog readers.

My three day weekend was faaaaabulous. 
I'll tell ya what - 
If every weekend could be three days long, 
I would be one happy girl.
Even every other weekend would work.
That extra day is so nice.

~

Last week I mentioned how excited I was about all my new readers. 
And I really, truly am. 
Getting a new follower is as exciting as opening a present on Christmas morning.
I'm still baffled that so many people (besides my mom)
are actually interested in reading what I have to say.

So for those of you that are new,
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
And since you're here, I figure I better do something
clever to keep you around.
{Insert dog and pony show here}.


If that face doesn't make you stick around
I don't know what will.

Maybe some random facts about moi?
Well...since you asked:

1. I don't know how to work our TV.
Robbie programed all my "favorite" channels (E!, ABCFamily, DIY Network, TLC)
so all I have to do is press one button.

2. I don't want babies for a looooooong, long time.
BUT I have already planned out how I will tell 
my friends and family when that does happen.
(Thanks Pinterest.)
And, no. It won't be via Facebook status.

3. I am constantly cold. 
Particularly between the months of November - March.
Even though Eastern North Carolina is blessed with many 70 degree January days,
I'll still be freezing. 

4. I wait until the last possible second to buy any type of toiletry.
For example, I will suck every drop of shampoo out before I buy a new bottle.
Inevitably, I am always unprepared for Mother Nature's monthly gift.
You think after going through the same thing month after month
for eh, roughly 11 years I'd finally have it all figured out.
Not so much.

5. My mom reads my blog everyday.
And then calls me to tell me her verdict.
I've even caught her printing out blog posts to save.
Sheesh.
But hey, if all else fails,
I know I've got one trusty fan!
And isn't that what a mama's supposed to be anyway?

6. I currently live 3 miles away from the house I grew up in
and I love it. 
This isn't our "forever home". We knew that when we moved in.
But I already get sad just thinking about having to leave.
Even though that probably won't happen for at least 5 more years.

7. I am terrified of deer and sharks.
Sharks because they're scary and can eat you.
Deer because they're creepy. 
I swear, deer give me the heebie-jeebies worse than spiders do.

8. I've wanted to be a teacher my whole life.
And I still wake up (a year and half later) still a little surprised
that I actually have complete control over a classroom
and the 23 students that occupy it from August - June.

9. That being said, I still find myself thinking about other careers.

10. I hate The Bachelor. Yet I find myself watching it every week.
And I live for Bachelor updates from some of you lovely ladies!

10.5. I hate odd numbers but I'm really in love with this song right now
and wanted to share.


P.S. Mom - make sure you pay close attention.




Hugs,


6 comments:

  1. fun getting to know more about you (even though I've been following awhile)! I too have a crazy fear of sharks, in fact I am scared of driving over bridges because I fear crashing and going over the edge in my car and drowning OR getting eaten by sharks in my car (irrational I know).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deer creep me out, too! I think its how twitchy they are... and I've had one to many hit my car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ughh i love being a teacher and have the same feeling except I have 120 6th graders whattt??? I still think on a daily basis about what else I could have done. I am terrfied of heights. Get me on a tall building or bridge and I will freak! PS you won my give away email me back your address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deer are way creepy. They lived in the woods behind my sorority house and would come out onto the front lawn to eat our flowers in the middle of the night. You know what is scary? Being in the car coming home from the bar at 3am and having eyes glowing out from deer in the pitch black. It's like an axe murderer movie or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha oh my god she prints out your posts?! That's seriously amazing. Mine has yet to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - My hubby and I don't want kids for at least another 5 years, yet I've picked out their names and how we'll tell our families too! What did people do before Pinterest?!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    -Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete