Friday, June 28, 2013

Confess Sesh - Beach Vacation Style

I've been at the beach for the past week for a family reunion. And I've learned quite a lot about myself in the past seven days. Hence, it is time for some confessions.

Shameless "island girl and a pirate flag" selfie. 

~

I confess...that I don't know how to properly pack for just a week at the beach.


I confess...that I also don't know how to properly apply sunscreen. Sorry Robbie.

I confess...that there is nothing better than a late night card game. Or a 500 piece puzzle.


I confess...that when I'm at the beach, I eat just because I can. Not because I'm hungry.

I confess...that even though technically, I'm a "tourist" (as I don't actually live at the beach) I hate shoobies just as much as the next person.

I confess...that I can only read a book when I am sitting on the beach.


I confess....coincidentally that I can only sit still on the beach if I am reading a book.

I confess...that I actually do like semi-adventurous water sports ie. kayaking.

I confess...that I do not like sand in my beach bag.

I confess...that I don't really like picking up a sandy, sun-screened baby. But I will. 

I confess...that sandy, sun-screened babies playing on the beach are the cutest things ever.


I confess...that I no matter how many times you point to the dolphins right off the shore, I'm not going to be able to see them. Even after I say, "oh yeaaaa". 

I confess...that if I can help it, this is the last vacation I take without my sweet girls. 



Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. I would pack like that for the beach too. There are too many important things like magazines, books, fresh towels, sunscreen, snacks, etc! However, I really hate sand, so I don't see beach packing in my near future. Maybe lake packing, though. It's very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monteray is kinda like that. The resorts around the beach rage from about $250-$500 per night for a decent hotel. Book ahead of time and on a low tourist time of the year like the end of spring bus from new york to atlanta if you want to visit the atlnta you may be book your ticket to this site which give to you much reliable journey through the bus...

    ReplyDelete