Monday, June 3, 2013

I'm ready for everyday to be the weekend


...and in 3.5 days (and counting)
everyday will be the weekend! 
If you're not a teacher, I hate it for ya.

I also hate that, yet again, I didn't get my weekend recap done on time.
Whoops. But that's because Sunday night (when I usually should be writing my weekend posts)
was just filled with too much goodness. 
And the Kardashians. I blame them too.

~

Friday.  It was Wacky Hair Day at school. So of course, as with every spirit day, I had a run-in with highway patrol - wacky hair and all. No worries, it was just a license check. But whew...even those things make me a little nervous. 

Robbie and I started our weekend off with a little date night....involving Chic-Fil-A to go and a movie. Pure Romance I tell ya.

Saturday. I woke up at 6:30am. On. My. Own. And stayed awake willingly. This is a HUGE deal for me people. I've always wanted to be a morning person, I just can never make it happen. Well Saturday it happened. (Don't worry....I took a two-hour nap later in the day to make up for it.)

I enjoyed a relaxing breakfast with my girls.


Willow was sharing with her favorite toy.

I worked on report cards, another strange concept for a Saturday morning. And then took the dogs for a run, which is always an experience in and of itself.
We attacked our neighbors' Yard Sale, literally, where I ran into one of my kids' parents. That's always fun at 8:00 in the morning. 
Then Roxy almost died on the way home, not literally. But she's officially been dubbed a "geriatric dog" by the vet, and with two hip replacements under her belt, long runs in the heat just aren't her thing. 


After our run, we had time for some snuggles with our number one guy. 
And then Robbie and I spent the day strolling around downtown. 
New Bern is not known for it's amazing shopping options, but we made it work.


Saturday night we crashed a wedding via boat. We anchored out near a local wedding venue in town and listened to the band. Please excuse the bad photo quality. Mom is clearly not team iPhone.


Oh yea, and Willow perfected her driving skills. You know, just a day in the life.

Sunday. We went to church and then lunch, the usual. I came home and took another nap. I forgot how much I love those things. And, instead of going to the grocery store and cleaning my house, I went back on the boat for the rest of the day. 


We cruised for a little while and then we met some friends on the dock, where I only got a teensy bit sunburned.


And I learned how to paddle board. 


The night ended with cheeseburgers on the grill and Keeping up with the Kardashians on the TV. 

aka perfection.

Sami's Shenanigans


Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment