Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I have a hard time committing...

...to weekly blog link-ups at least.
I forgot all about Wedded Bliss Wednesday last week.
I blame it on the trick-or-treaters,
and the candy corn,
and this sweet little nugget!


Anywho...I'm back on track this week. 
Mainly because I'm pretty excited about this week's questions.



Childhood Expectations of Marriage

I was totally that girl that who had planned her entire wedding by the age 8. 
Granted, it changed by the time it was actually time to get married.
And every year in between.

1. When you were a child, what did you imagine YOUR Prince Charming to be like?
I know this is going to sound completely gag-me cliche,
but I wanted my Prince Charming to be someone just like my dad.
I imagined my husband would be athletic, outgoing, tall,
family-oriented, a little goofy, and would wear a suit and tie to work every day.

2. Does your husband match your predictions as a child?
Yes and no.
There are certain things about Robbie that are exactly what I thought I wanted in a husband.
But there are other things about him that are exactly what I needed in a husband
that I didn't even know I wanted until we got together.
I realized that my dad is a lot like me. 
And so when I thought about who I wanted to marry,
I thought I wanted it to be someone just like me.
But let's be real, 
I would get on my last nerves.
Robbie balances me out in such a perfect way. 

3. What about when you were a teenager and "knew all about love" (I feel like that phrase should be in sarcastic quotation marks), does your relationship match that scenario?
Considering I dated Robbie pretty much all throughout my teenage years,
I'd have to say yes.
The things I "knew about love" shifted throughout my teenage years,
and continue to shift now.
But Robbie was (is) a huge part of those shifts. 
One of the big things I remember is wanting to be married to 
someone who I was never embarrassed in front of. 
I knew my husband was going to have to be able to put up with 
the good, the bad, and the ugly (ie me in my glasses and mouthguard each night).
Robbie definitely lived up to that expectation.

4. What love movie would you best match your relationship to? Why?
Being the movie fanatic I am, 
I should be in love with this question.
But this is actually kind of hard. 
I asked Robbie what he thought 
and he couldn't really come up with one in particular either. 
My go-to answer is The Notebook.
Only because it's the best love movie ever (duh)
and Robbie and I were "separated" from each other for a while,
and had seemingly moved on,
until we realized we just couldn't fight this feeling anymore.
(Yes, I just sung that as I typed.)
Robbie's argument is that he didn't go to war
and we were separated for years.
It was one year...senior year of high school.
But still, the similarities are there.




One of the biggest things I've noticed about being married,
and growing up in general,
is that it's never quite how you expected it to be.
But if you're lucky,
(like me, obviously)
you realize that it's even better than you could have predicted!


Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment