Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's (almost) Thanksgiving, You Know

 Charlie Brown: We've got another holiday to worry about. 
It seems Thanksgiving Day is upon us.
 Sally: I haven't even finished eating all of my Halloween candy. 


{Sidenote: If you don't celebrate every holiday 
with Charlie Brown,
we quite possibly can no longer be friends.
And I might have to accuse you of being un-American.}


Lately, I've been feeling a little bit like Sally.
How can it already be November?
How can we already be getting our cranberry and stuffing recipes ready?
How can it already be 44 degrees outside?
(Especially since I live in Eastern North Carolina)

Nevertheless, I am excited about the upcoming holiday.
And in case you're confused,
the upcoming holiday is Thanksgiving.

Sally: I know what you mean. I went down to buy a turkey tree and all they have are things for Christmas. 
Charlie Brown: For Christmas? Already? 



Thank you Nordstrom, 
for agreeing with me and sweet Sally Brown.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas as much as the next person.
And I've already mentally decorated my entire house.
But this time of year speeds past us as it is.
We need to do everything we can to slow it down
and enjoy every moment.

Come on people,
give Thanksgiving the respect it deserves. 
And yes, I'm talking to you
eager beavers with your Christmas trees already up and decorated.

There's nothing wrong with being prepared,
start your Christmas shopping,
go ahead and make those cute Pinterest crafts you've been pinning since August.
But step away from the garland.
Go out and find that turkey tree if you need to.

This month, it's all about turkeys, mashed potatoes, football, and stretchy pants.
Oh and being thankful.
Although that last one, really should be celebrated every month.

Stretchy pants can be celebrated every month too. 
I'd be okay with that. 


Tune in later this week to hear all about the little things I'm thankful for.
Some of them might surprise you! ;)



Hugs,


5 comments:

  1. I so agree! My roommate has been listening to Christmas music all week and all I want to say is stop and be patient! Thanksgiving deserves its time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guilty I put my Christmas Tree up today. But I grew up in aw household that everyone puts their tree up early November but just the tree. The tree to us is part of the holidays and then after Thanksgiving we put the stockings and the manger and the christmas village and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me more about thanksgiving...gasp...we don't celebrate here in Australia. When is it? What do you do to celebrate it? Haha we had the christm pagaent in Adelaide on Saturday...was very cute, but when people were shouting merry Christmas I was like, aww hold your horses, it's November hahhaa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sign makes me like Nordstom even more!

    ReplyDelete