Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The more people I meet, the more I love my dogs...

Y'all - I have had this post just sitting in my drafts
since the day I found out about this link up,
because let's be real, if there's an opportunity to gab on and on and on
about my puppies, you know I'm going to take advantage of it.

And then, low and behold,
today came and almost went and I completely forgot!

I blame this on the fact that it is already April 23.
Like May is next week.
Holy cow.

Paws To Claws From California To Kansas

I've mentioned my dogs occasionally a lot on the blog
and I completely accept the title of "crazy puppy mom".

Roxy



...is a seven year old black lab.
Robbie got her for Christmas when we were juniors in high school.
So technically she's his dog.
Although, we all know I'm really her favorite!


She is seriously the smartest dog I know.
She knows all sorts of tricks,
although she hates doing any of them,
and listens and obeys sooooo well.



She definitely has her "old lady" moments
(ie. when Willow is tormenting her)
but still has so much puppy in her.



Robbie and I like to think that we rule the nest
but really Roxy is in charge.
Shh...don't tell her I said that.

Roxy's Favorite Things
Swimming, laying on the couch, playing hide and seek with Robbie, going for short walks, hogging all the toys (specifically her stuffed buffalo or orange soccer ball), riding in the car, and eating bones.


Roxy's Not So Favorite Things
Willow (jk she really loves her), doing tricks on command, sharing the couch with others, waiting to be fed, going to the vet, and taking her medicine.


Willow


...is a two year old piebald dachshund.
She was my college graduation gift from Robbie
and while I was terrified of being a puppy mother
(seriously, those first few nights felt like a bad episode of Teen Mom)
she has completely stolen my heart.


She hardly knows any tricks
and rarely listens when she's supposed to.
But she can chase her toys up and down the hallway
and knows how to go right to her kennel when it's time for us to leave.



She loves most everything and everyone
and even though she's not the brightest crayon in the box
she is the funniest dog you'll ever meet.

Willow's Favorite Things
Roxy, snuggling, clean neatly-folded laundry, being outside, her pinky (stuffed toy), running (sometimes in circles), and sitting/sleeping in between me and Robbie.


Willow's Not So Favorite Things
Baths, car rides, wearing clothes, laying directly on hardwood floor, and eating dog food.



~



And in true "mommy" fashion, they are my complete life right now.
I have dog hair everywhere,
I find myself waking up in the middle of the night if I hear them making funny noises,
I miss them way too much when we leave them with "grandparents" for the weekend,
and I think everything they do is literally the cutest stinkin thing ever.

I know, it's crazy, buuuuut since this link up is for crazy fur mommies,
I don't mind waving the crazy flag at full staff.

~

 - While you're checking out all the other sweet furbabies here be sure to enter the amazing giveaway also going on.
 - Both of my dogs have taken over the blog once or twice. Check it out here and here.
 - It should be noted that in the middle of writing this post, I had to rush a sick doggy outside to avoid her throwing up on my carpet. If that doesn't make me a real mama, I don't know what does.
 - Because no puppy lovin post would be complete without a shout out to the very first dog I loved, I'll leave you with this sweet face.





Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. love this post! fur babies love so unconditionally it's hard not to be a "crazy fur mama" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fur babies are adorable!! I too am a crazy dog lady! My pup, Huckleberry, steals the show on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete