1. Religion - Not just my religion, but the whole idea of religion. I think believing in something bigger than you is the most amazing thing. And while I stand very firm in my own beliefs, I love to hear about other people's views. I think passion about religion is infectious and even though there is a fine line between sharing your passion with someone and forcing it upon them, being openly passionate about your religion is a big thing.
2. Teaching - My biggest passion as always been, and hopefully always will be, children. At the risk of sounding super cliche, children are our future. They are our most valuable resources and I feel honored (and slightly overwhelmed) to be a part of shaping their young minds. It's a big responsibility, but one I hold very near to my heart.
3. Being organized - I feel silly listing this as a passion, but I'm slightly
obsessed passionate about being organized. I think it's important for everything to have a place; it makes things much more accessible, making my life somewhat less frantic. I love for things to be tidy and orderly. I also love to have a clear plan of action for whatever's going on in my life. A little OCD, perhaps? But after this post, I'm going to start referring to it as Obsessive Passionate Disorder! :)
4. Being creative - I love being able to express myself creatively. Weather it's through painting, decorating, or organizing (see #3). I love seeing the thoughts and ideas I have in my head turn in to real live things.
5. Talking - Again, I feel kind of silly listing this as a passion but I would have never heard the end of it from my husband if it hadn't made the list. I love to talk...about anything and everything. Whether its a serious conversation surrounding religion (see #1) and politics, a quiet conversation for sharing secrets among old friends, a ranting conversation relieving the stresses of the day, a memorable conversation reminiscing on funny or sad times, or a silly conversation that consists of more laughter than words, I love it all. I've been known to lose my voice from simply talking too much and may or may not have been that annoying girl in the restaurant who's being a tad too loud on more than one occasion (I apologize).
Hope everyone's having a marvelous Monday!