Thursday, April 5, 2012

This is the Life

So...this past week I've been on Spring Break and I've been totally loving the life of a stay-at-home wife/puppy mom. While I have absolutely no problem parking my butt on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy re-runs in my jammies all day long, after about a day and a half of this I have to get back to my busy-bee self. Sitting still for long periods of time isn't something I'm particularly good at.

As you can see, my sweet baby Willow could do it all day, every day.


With that being said, I've spent my fair share of time snuggled up with the pups this week. But I've also gotten around to doing so many things I haven't really been able to since school started in August! I've (seriously) cleaned my house two or three times....no more spot cleaning here and there! I even did the thing I swore I never would - dusted the Man Cave.

I've also been able to do some painting this week, which I have missed so much! For those of you that don't know me, it's actually kind of ironic that I like to paint. I'm not a very patient person and I hate to measure things. Therefore, when painting, I have a very hard time waiting for coats to dry and I never sketch out what I'm going to do first. Usually it all works out, but there have been projects I've had to trash due to poor planning.

I did a lot of painting in college: cutsie canvases, picture frames, and other personalized items. I even started selling some of my stuff. But with everything going on in my new "grown-up" life, I haven't been able to devote as much time to it lately.





And my Spring Break project:

For other things I've painted, check out my Facebook page "YOUnique Creations by Marianna".

http://www.facebook.com/pages/YOUnique-Creations-by-Marianna/283847070233?ref=ts

Like I said, it's been a little neglected lately. But painting is definitely still something I enjoy doing and new projects are always welcome! :)

Now that I've cleaned, lounged, and painted, the next stay-at-home duty is baking! On dock for the rest of the week are Easter cupcakes and Resurrection bread! Check back to see how it all turns out!

Like I said....this is the life!

Hugs,

Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment