Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hello My Name Is

(what?) My name is (who?) My name is (wiki wiki) Slim Shady.

Anyone else think about that song 
when you hear the phrase, "my name is?"
No. Just me? Okay. Moving on.

~

I saw this link up yesterday, 
but because I made it to Thursday, yet again,
with no blogging ideas
I'm posting it today.

The cute Mrs. Reed at Flying into First Grade
is hosting her very first linky.
It's like a "get to know you" thing
and since I haven't talked about myself enough lately
I obviously had to participate.

The Rules:
Share 3 things about yourself using your initials.
Easy enough.

M
Monday

I was born on a Monday, so that's kind of cool
And I may be the only person in the world that doesn't absolutely hate Mondays.
Don't get me wrong, Monday is definitely in my top 4 least favorite days
(along with Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
But usually on Mondays I'm still enjoying the afterglow of my weekend
so they're not completely miserable.

Oh, God, the late 80s were so cool.


R
Red

I went to NC State so there's that whole school pride thing.
Also, my husband's initials are RED.
(Robert Eugene Dunn III).
Needless to say, RED is pretty special to me!

Get it, he's my hubs. bahahaha


D
Dogs

If you hang out around these parts for very long,
you'll quickly learn that I am obsessed with my dogs,
and that's putting in lightly.

However, I'm not a dog person.
I grew up with the best Golden Retriever ever
and loved her with all my heart.
And I think almost every puppy I meet is the cutest thing ever.
But the whole taking care of dogs/letting them sleep in your bed/playing with them/walking them/letting them out to pee thing is not my cup of tea.
Or rather, it wasn't my cup of tea.
I was actually kind of annoyed when Robbie told me he got me a dog.
I was not ready for that responsibility. 
However, I have now been converted to the dark side.

When people I don't know hear me talk about my dogs,
they think I'm talking about real children.
#sorrynotsorry




In hindsight I realize these probably weren't the best words to come up with to describe me.
But they were the first ones that popped in my head.


Now, go be fashionably late like me
and link up! 




Hugs,


6 comments:

  1. Monday is a much better day than Thursday. Thursday is a tease.

    I feel the same way about dogs! We have a cat right now, and Ammon has puppy fever. But dogs are so much work! We'll just have to see what happens, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm I have no idea what day of the week I was born on haha. So cool that his initials are red though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to get to know other bloggers. My Granddaddy's initials are also RED (Robert Ervin Dunn)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so cool when people's initials spell words! My brother's spell PEN so I call him that all the time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you on the Get Acquainted Linky Party!

    I'm totally a dog person. And I too get people who think I'm talking about my children when really I'm talking about my dog!

    Lisa @ Tales of an Education Major

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about Mondays! I also talk about my dog like he is my child. I'm pretty obsessed with him! :) I'm your newest follower!

    Janet
    Mrs. D's Firsties

    ReplyDelete