Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - I created my own recipe

Y'all - I think I have officially reached "big-girl-domestic diva" status.
If you remember last week, I linked up not one, but two Tasty Tuesday recipes.
Except neither one of them were very original, or inventive.

Well folks, today is about to be completely different.

Robbie has a late class one night a week.
So I don't usually plan a meal for that night.
Instead I usually try to mooch off my parents
or just whip up something for myself.

Well last week it was cold and rainy
I stayed at school later than usual
and I didn't feel like leaving the house once I finally got home.
Plus, I had all the ingredients already on hand for Tuna Noodle,
which is normally way too much for just me,
but leftovers for lunch sounded deeeeelicious.

So I got my noodles are ready to boil.
And realized I didn't have Cream of Mushroom,
a very crucial element to Tuna Noodle.
I was devastated, but still starving.
So I searched high and low and found some things 
to literally "throw together".

I'm not sure what to call it
besides delicious.

**Oh and it was all gluten-free. One day, I'll stop being so pleasantly pleased when I can eat a completely gluten-free meal, but that day is not today.**

What you'll need:
- 1 box elbow noodles
- 4 oz. sour cream (nooooot a lot, I'm still trying to do the dairy-free thing too)
- chicken breast marinated in Italian dressing (nom)
- shredded cheese 
- basil
**I got an amazing spice rack as a wedding gift. Well it's amazing to me, because I don't know up from down when it comes to spices. But I'm always so excited when I know how to incorporate one or more into a dish.**

What you'll do:
- Boil your pasta and drain the noodles
- Sautee your chicken 
- Mix pasta with sour cream (just enough to coat the noodles, again not a lot)
- Stir in chicken
- Dash some pepper, a teeny bit of salt, and some basil.
**As with most spices, a little goes a looooong way. Just a word to the wise.**
- Heat in oven at 350 for about 8ish minutes (we're real technical over here, I know)
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cook for about 2 more minutes or until cheese is completely melted.

Eat up my friend - it is delish.

I also may or may not have had a side of zuchinni with it.
Who am I?




Hugs,




P.S. If this is already a real recipe that exists, just let me continue thinking I was being creative. I realize it's not suuuuuper tricky, but for the girl who lived off bagel bites and cereal forever it's a BIG step in the right domestic direction. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really easy and delicious! Way to step out of your comfort zone and make something new for yourself =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! So fun when you can experiment in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Tuna salads/tuna noodles, but the hubby would LOVE this! Great job, girl!

    ReplyDelete