Thursday, January 2, 2014

Confess Sesh - 2013 Style

Kristen at Treats & Travels wrote what is probably my favorite end of year post to date. The start of a new year obviously means looking forward to new things to come (which I'll be doing tomorrow) but it also means looking back and reflecting on the past.

While I'm sure there have been a lot of proud moments in 2013, there are inevitably always those moments that we're happy to leave in the past.

In honor of starting the new year with a shiny, clean slate I've got a few things I need to get off my chest. (Thanks for the idea Kristen.)


1. I taught my mom how to use SnapChat.  The one app I swore I would never download, yet alone use and now I'm dragging my mother into it. We snap each other on the reg - she's one of my "best friends". 

2. I still like Miley Cyrus' music. Her haircut is a completely different story. 

3. I have yet to listen to Beyonce's new album.

4. I mourned a little too much when Paul Walker died. Like I actually knew him personally.

5. I thought Old Grandpa was a really funny movie and also a really heartwarming story. I may or may not have teared up a little at the end.

6. After going to DC for a week in July, I was convinced I wanted to move there. One day I will live in a big city. Maybe that can be my goal for 2014?

7. I still don't know or care to know what CrossFit is.

8. I never understood the Breaking Bad obsession. Until about 3 days when I forced myself to sit down and watch as many episodes as I could. I haven't left my couch since.

9. I wore leggings as pants as often as I could. I plan to do the same in 2014. #sorrynotsorry

10. I got antique crystal pitchers and serving trays for Christmas and loved it! A clear indicator that I am getting old and turning into my grandmother all at the same time. 

11. I secretly envied all my friends having new babies. So, then I just cuddled Willow extra tight and pretended she was my little baby. 

12. I tried froyo for the first time in June 2013, ate it at least three times a week until August and haven't touched it since.

13. I frantically cleaned my house in 5 minutes prior to having guests "pop" in and then claimed that yes, in fact, my house is always this clean when they asked. This happened on more than one occasion. 

14. I almost went to Africa and am still really sad that it didn't happen.

15. I realized how much I really hated teaching upper grades while also realizing how blessed I was to have had the opportunity.

2013, it's been real. It's been fun. And most of the time it's been real fun! Here's to another year full of fun, secrets, and confessions.


Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. ummm I was the same when I went to DC. I kept saying.. i will live here, I will live here!

    ReplyDelete