Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Letters

Dear blog....I think it should be noted that I wrote this post last week but apparently forgot all about it. I was confused all Friday as to where my blog post went. #whompwhomp


~

Dear Friday...week after week, you continue to be my favorite day. I'm really glad you got here so fast this week. Let's make this speedy arrival a weekly thing, mmkay?

Dear Eastern North Carolinians...I know to some of you, the 3 centimeters of snow we got last week doesn't seem like a big deal. But to a big rickety school bus that has to drive through back country roads - any kind of frozen water is a big deal. And yes, a "snow day" does seem like a stretch but hey, don't hate the playa hate the game. Sorry you still had to go into work - should have been a teacher.

Dear Keeping up with Kardashians...you are getting harder and harder to keep up with. And Kim - you're Armenian. Get rid of the blonde hair, please.

Dear Walmart...why oh why are you the only store in New Bern that sells fiesta ranch mix? Please talk to your frenemy, Harris Teeter, and get them on the fiesta ranch bandwagon. Thanks in advance.

Dear scarves...You know I love you and you know that normally you are my favorite go-to winter accessary. However, lately I'm going through this weird phase where you're making me feel a little claustrophobic. I'm sorry, but I need you to stop being so clingy. I don't know if I'll be able to make it throughout the rest of winter without you.

Dear Super Bowl weekend...I can't believe you're here! I still haven't even decided which gluten-full treats I'm going to over indulge in.

~

Speaking of Super Bowl weekend. I'm linking up today for Sarah's biggest Fan Friday ever - Super Bowl Edition. I'm actually getting pretty excited about the Super Bowl. I've decided I really like the Seahawks. I know, I know - I'm that girl. But I admittedly, totally am. I don't follow professional football, despite the fact that it's on my TV every weekend in the fall. I don't mind watching it, I just don't have one particular team that I'm emotionally invested in.


However, if I had to pick one I'd probably pick the Seahawks. Russell Wilson (the QB) went to NC State when I was there, which is pretty exciting. Also I'm kind of sort of in love with that crazy Richard Sherman. Again, I'm that girl. I know.

But his interview was nothing short of hilarious. As was Erin Andrews' reaction. It was also brilliant because over night he became a household name. You know what they say, there is no such thing as "bad" publicity.


Also, I somehow ended up watching the Seahawks EPSN press conference and I was really impressed with what I saw. Every single player said something about the importance of working as a team. They built each other up and while they definitely have a "we're the best" attitude, they still seemed humble about it. I like that.

So while I'll be hoping for a Seahawks win, we all know I'll really be enjoying yummy treats (I'm thinking about making like three different dips) and watching all the good commercials. I'm sure Twitter will provide some pretty entertaining tweets in regards to Bruno Mars' halftime show.

What are you looking forward to this Super Bowl Sunday. Head on over and link up!

Venus Trapped in Mars










Also - don't forget to get your Mix It Monday posts ready! I'm co-hosting with Lauren and we guarantee to help ease the pain of your Super Bowl Monday!


2 comments:

  1. You aren't that girl!!! Well, if you ARE that girl, then I am THAT girl too. Because I really like Sherman and have totally jumped on his bandwagon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about Sherman that I love and hate at the same time so Im jumpin on the bandwagon

    ReplyDelete