Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014




And hello to all the mad crazy resolution posts I've seen in blogland this week. I've mentioned before that I love new years and fresh starts and all that blah blah blah. I also enjoy making lists and plans and setting goals. However, I also enjoy changing my mind. I'm a really indecisive person and therefore setting a goal on January 1 for something I want to maintain for the next 365 is tough. Inevitably, by March I've thought of a new goal I want to reach, one that will again change by August.

With all that being said, I do obviously have hopes and dreams and plans for 2014. Things I want to start doing differently, things that I want to continue doing the same, and things that I probably should cut back on a little less.

A lot is going to happen in 2014. That seems kind of silly to say, because really a lot happens in every year.

But in 2014, Robbie will finally have his teaching license - which marks another big accomplishment for him that I could not be more proud of. It also means he'll start a new career, which is exciting and terrifying all at the same time. We'll celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. I'll turn 25. I'll finish my third year of teaching.

Inevitably I'll continue to be in awe at the amazing blessings I have in my life. Because even though I'm sure there are a few unknown surprises that are bound to pop up this year, some good some bad, I will continue to have the love and support of my friends and family.

A few tangible goals I have for myself in 2014 include continue eating gluten free and overall being more aware of what I'm putting into my body, continue being proactive with housework and schoolwork - not putting off what could get done today for tomorrow, and to start taking more chances, even if they seem scary at first.

Of course, I obviously want to continue loving up on my sweet husband, enjoying lots of snuggles from my two puppies, and laughing till I cry with my very best friends.

If I had to choose one word I want to focus on for 2014 it would be : joy. I touched on this idea a few days ago. And maybe it's because I'm still trying to savor every last pine needle of Christmas, but I want 2014 to be filled with joy. Even in those moments where joy is hard to find, because I know there will be plenty of those as well. Nevertheless, I have a really good feeling about this year and all the joy that it's going to bring.


Linking up for #making2014count.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment