Friday, January 17, 2014

Five on Friday

{one}

I would first, just like to take note of the time (10:50 am) and the fact that I am currently at work and live blogging. I know for all of you cute little office chicks who can get on the internet anytime of the day, this seems like a little thing to be excited about. But, trust me, coming from a teacher who's daily internet time consists of BrainPopJr., PowerSchool, and parent emails being able to open up blogger and write an actual live blog post is pretty cool. (See also, I'm a nerd.) 

Oh, and just for the record - today was an optional teacher workday, not a real day with kids. Otherwise I would barely have a chance to take a potty break, let along blog.

{two}

Since I'm at school and have zero pictures on this computer and no access to my Pinterest board (firewalls are legit), this post is probably going to be a little word heavy. Sorry in advance.

{three}

Robbie and I went to see Wolf of Wall Street last night because it finally came to New Bern but only for like a hot second. We had to get it in while we could. Robbie read somewhere that it was being banned and apparently last night was the last night it would be played in any theater. I'm not sure if this is true, but we didn't want to take the chance. 

My overall opinion of it --- it was alright. I could definitely see why it's being yanked out of theaters. Risque doesn't even begin to cover it. The guy at the theater last night told us there were 506 f-bombs in it. Again, I'm not sure if that's true but there were definitely a lot...apparently too much for the couple behind us who walked out half way through. 

{four}

Besides going to the movies last night I also dressed up as a cougar (not to go to the movies, don't worry), drank three diet cokes, and had twizzlers for dinner. It was a wild Thursday night over our way for sure.

{five}

Everyone around me around me has been extra snotty this week. Not snotty acting, just literally snotty. Runny noses, scratchy throats, loud coughs. Being around 20 six-year-olds daily usually consists of more than your fair share of snot, but this week even my grown-up friends have had extra boogies. I'm crossing my fingers and Lysol-ing my life in hopes of not catching whatever's going around. 

I've got a three day weekend to enjoy after all.


Sorry for the worst Five on Friday in the history of Five on Fridays. 
I really just wanted an excuse to blog....


Hugs, 

No comments:

Post a Comment