Thursday, May 9, 2013

Adore the Life You Have

I'm not sure if Ashley came up with this on her own
if she found it somewhere else
but either way, it is pure genius. 
Absolutely brilliant.


I found this on her blog a few nights ago
after Robbie and I had completely re-worked our five-year plan
and the line that caught my attention the most was

Build the life you want, but adore the life you have.

And oh em gee. If that does not describe me to a tee, I don't know what does.
Robbie and I have about ten different five-year plans in the works right now.
One of our favorite things to do is map out our future.
We've both been doing it since high school.
We tend to get in the mind set of "what's next..."

And while it's fun thinking about "what's next..."
and imagining all the different things we could do in the next few years,
it's important to not lose sight of "what's right now"

Robbie and I both are at a point in our lives
(along with probably every other 24 year old)
where we have so many dreams and so many things that we'd love to accomplish.
Each dream is so different and requires taking such a different path
choosing which one to take is tough.

But one thing that is NOT tough,
is realizing how blessed we are to have this life that we're living right now
in this moment. 
As overwhelming as it can be, 
I feel so lucky to be able to dream about the future
and to literally have the world at my fingertips.

I have an amazing family that I know will support me in any choice I make,
a husband who helps foster even my wildest dreams
and will chase them down with me no matter what.

I think adoring the life I have is what makes building the life I want possible.



Hugs,




P.S. I found the cutest doxie blog. Ammo is the coolest, funnest, most adventurest doxie I've ever met. Also known as Willow's future boyfriend. Check him out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment