Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why Are Weekends So Short?

I know, I know. 
It's such a cliche question.
And whoever finds the answer to it 
could become a very rich person.
Better yet, whoever finds a way to solve the problem 
of weekends being too short 
could become a very rich person.

Either way, this weekend was one of the best,
which coincidentally means it was also one that felt the shortest.
I never want the good ones to end. 

Let's recap shall we?


one. apparently at 24, I've decided to have allergies? Either that or it's an eye infection. Either way, it has been no fun.
two. warm weather + birthdays = cookouts. scattered afternoon showers = cookouts + the tailgating tent.
three. my step-dad, David's, ah-mazing cake courtesy of my ah-mazing stepsister. 
four. David aka the Birthday Diva. 
five. hammock, cousin, puppy time on Mother's Day.
six. my puppy mama card from my fur babies (courtesy of my sweet hubs). I'm not a huge Gatsby fan and didn't go see the movie this weekend, but I'm pretty sure that's a good reference. 
seven. me and my boo thing at church on Sunday.
eight. my mother-in-law's Mother's Day gift - homemade pallet sign.
nine. checking out the gerbils with Wee Worm. I'm not sure if she wanted to play with them or eat them, but either way she could have watched them like this for hours. 



And because I just think my mama is the bee's knees,
(and because I know she's reading my blog today).

Mom - thanks for being our number one fan and supporting us in everything we do.
You are an amazingly strong woman and I am immensely thankful for all that you do.
I feel so blessed that God chose you to be my mama - I couldn't have handpicked one better.
One day (in the semi-far future) I hope to be at least half the amazing mom you are. 
xoxoxo




Linking up with Sami.




Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. weekends do seem to fly by, glad y'all had a great one and got to warm up the tailgate tent for football season (109 days and counting)!

    ReplyDelete