Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Love Day Y'all

"It's here!"
 "Is today Thursday?" "I love today!" 
"I'm bringing you something real special, Mrs. Dunn!" 
"Happy Thanksgiving!"  "When's our party?"  "Look! Look! Look!"

Just a few things you can expect to hear
should you step into my First Grade classroom today.

Yes, one of my kids is convinced that today is Thanksgiving Day
not Valentine's Day. 
We've been trying to correct him all week.

Needless to say, the tikes are little excited!
And they have been all week.
Apparently they've taken a cue from Wal Mart.


Valentine's Day is no where near my favorite holiday.
I don't hate it.
But I don't go all coo-coo for it either.
Robbie and I are laying low this year.
We're exchanging teeny presents
(which I've had wrapped since Monday, mind you.
This is a big accomplishment for this girl.)


and going out to dinner.
It's the little things.

How long have you been married?
19 months.
1 year and 7 months. 

Where was your first date?
Hm....we went to see a movie? Radio, I think.
After my brother's 11th birthday party.
Carter's birthday party and the movies.

Where was your first kiss?
Probably at that movie.
In the big room during Carter's birthday party.

(That kind of counts as a right answer....it was all the same day.) 

Who first said, "I love you"?
Robbie.
Me - Robbie.

What were your wedding colors?
Cobalt blue and khaki.
Gorg.
Khaki and  navy blue.

What is her most commonly used phrase?
I don't know. 
That's my not answer...I really don't know.
Except, maybe "I don't know" 
is my most commonly used phrase?
Stop

(eh?)

Who is her celebrity crush?
This week...Bradley Cooper.
Or Justin Timberlake.
Colin Kaepernick and Tim McGraw.

(All are semi-true. And I did just blog about what a cutie Kaepernick was. Way to pay attention honey!)

If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get?
In a perfect, non-gluten-free world 
I would order a Michelob Ultra bottle for me 
and a Blue Moon draft for him.
In a realistic, "I'm broke as a joke" world,
I'd ordered water for me and Bud Light draft for him.
Me: beer. 
Her: Wine or a margarita.

What is the best meal she has ever cooked for you?
Japanese Chicken stir-fry.
Sausage Mac and Cheese.

(Only because that's what I cooked the night he answered these questions haha)

What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you?
None. All of my meals are delicious. :)
Do I have to choose just one? 

(Watch it, Mister.)

What is the most-played song on her iPod?
I don't have an iPod...
What iPod?

What would she say is your most annoying habit?
Constantly wanting to trade your car in.
(Sorry honey.)
Or your inability to watch TV without your computer
glued to your lap.
When I huff and puff when she asks me a question.

(Still very true...)


What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed?
I know he's going to say move around a lot.
But I don't. I'm just trying to get comfy.
I brush my teeth, take my contacts out, and take my medicine.
Takes her glasses off.

If you could throw out one item of her clothing what would it be?
All of my jammies. :(
And my trouser jeans.
Both things that I LOVE.
Her pajamas.

(Rude.)

What would you say is your favorite thing about her?
Everything!
Her butt.

What's her go-to drink at Starbucks?
Hot: White Chocolate Mocha.
Cold: French Vanilla Frappuccino.
Both with soy milk, obv.
White Chocolate Mocha.

What's her blog name?!
Psh. He knows that easy peasy,
he reads it every day.
Delightfully Dunn. 
Duh, I read it everyday.

(Okay, okay. I ad-libbed on the last one a little bit. But he did get the name right.)




Alright, Star Jones? 
Where's our dream honeymoon! ;)

~

Wanna play?
Come on, I know you do!


Here are the instructions:
  1. Fill out the Valentines Day Questions. You can find them here.
  2. Hand over the same set of questions to your spouse and see if they can answer the questions about you. 
  3. Write your post and compare both of your answers
  4. Link up your blog post below!



Hugs,





5 comments:

  1. Wahh I wish andrew had been in town this week so we could do this. Its so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your first date started at an 11 years old birthday party, thats so sweet =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this going around - I'll be testing my hubby tonight :)

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so much fun! my husband gave a weird answer for "most common phrases too" haha!

    ReplyDelete