Friday, December 14, 2012

Disgusted

Horrified.
Scared.
Overwhelmed.
Disgusted.
Nauseous.
Anxious.
Shocked.
Disgusted.
Outraged.
Saddened.
Devastated.
Angry.
Numb.
Disgusted.


Just a few words to describe the way I feel 
about the disgusting events that took place in Connecticut earlier today.
"Disgusted" is the word that keeps coming to the forefront
and maybe that's because it's been several hours since I first heard
and I've had the time to run through the gamete of emotions. 
But right now, I am just completely and utterly disgusted.

I'm disgusted that such hate and evil exists in our world.
I'm disgusted that someone could look into the eyes of a child
and take that innocent life away.
I'm disgusted that some have taken this opportunity to debate gun control laws.
Like politics is really what we should be talking about right now.
Disgusted.

I'm disgusted at the thought of a parent having to go home
without their six year old child.
I'm disgusted that someone could act so cowardly and selfish.
I'm disgusted that children who haven't even lost their first tooth
have had to witness the most extreme form of hate and violence.
Disgusted.

I'm disgusted that today is not the first and only time this disgusting act has occurred.
I'm disgusted to think that innocent children are murdered all over the world everyday.
I'm disgusted that evil like this makes it hard for me to see God. 
I know He's here and I know He's sending peace and comfort to the families involved.
I pray that they're able to feel it and His everlasting love.
But I'm disgusted that they can't feel the warmth of their children again instead.
Disgusted.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to feel some different.
Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to remember the good in our society.
Because right now, I sure am having a hard time.
Right now, I just feel disgusted.


~



"Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 
- Matthew 19:14

As much as we want those sweet children here with us,
if anyone deserves the kingdom of heaven, 
it's them.

2 comments:

  1. You put my feelings into words, I share your sentiment. I hope for peace in the coming days and look forward to going to school and hugging each and everyone of my students Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very incredibly sad! I actually thought of you because I knew that you were a teacher to young kids! xx

    ReplyDelete