Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve!

Nothing like joining in on a party at the very last minute.
But hey, better late than never. 
Especially since this month's questions were all about
Christmas! (I mean, seriously, what else would they be about.)

~

1) What was your favorite gift given to you as a child?

I honestly loved every gift. I was that child.
I mean sure there were things I got from certain family members 
where I definitely had to put on an Oscar-worthy performance
"Thaaaaanks, I loooooove it!"
But for the most part, I got uber excited about everything I opened!

I do remember one year

getting a talking doll house.
I don't know if that present sticks out in my mind the most
because it was the first big gift I can remember getting
or because I played with that thing for like five years.
It was the greatest.

2) Christmas is almost here, what is that 
one Christmas song you could listen to on repeat?

Mariah Carey - "All I Want for Christmas is You"
(I've almost perfected that last high note...you know the one I'm talking about.)
Chris Brown - "This Christmas"
Faith Hill - "Where Are You Christmas"

Over and over and over again.


3) What are a few of the items on your Christmas list this year?

As always, a new planner.



I asked for this MayBook in particular,
but Robbie's usually in charge of picking one out
and he hasn't gone wrong in the past.



New boots and sweaters. 
I loooove the animal print (surprise, surprise)



I'm obsessed with infinity scarves right now
and I'm obsessed with monograms....well, always.
So I'm really loving this little number. 

Of course, there are lots of things I want for the house too.
Robbie and I really need a new comforter.
I just can't find one we both like.

4) Do you and your family have any special holiday traditions? Explain.

Um...unless you want to be here until next Christmas 
I'll just give you the short version.

My family is extra hokey when it comes to Christmas
and so particular when it comes to our traditions.
My brother and I still act like we did when we were five years old
and we still do a lot of the same things.
My favorite tradition is getting a brand new pair of Christmas jammies 
on Christmas Eve and then snuggling in mom's bed 
to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.


My poor attempt at taking a picture of our new jammie pants.
Since Christmases in ENC are usually only about 70 degrees, 
getting real flannel jammies is kind of pointless. 

And yes, this still happens.
With my 6'5" brother, 
husband, 
step-siblings, 
and 15 year old Golden Retriever.
It's a good thing mom has a king size bed!
5) Which do you prefer: wrapping paper or gift bags? Why?

Wrapping paper is definitely more fun to open
but gift bags are much easier to wrap.
I haaaaate wrapping presents,
particularly the bows.
But...the thrill just isn't there with a gift bag,
so I wrap as much as I can!


Go join the fun here!




Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment