Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's Okay (but not really)

It's okay....that I'm writing this "It's Okay Thursday" post at 7:45pm Thursday night.
But not really....I need to stop being such a slacker.

Its Ok Thursdays

It's okay...that I spent an hour and half at Urgent Care this morning 
with 50 other flu ridden people.
But not really...because ain't nobody got time for that. 

It's okay....that once I finally got seen at Urgent Care, 
it took five minutes for the doctor to look up my nose 
and realize that my snot was in fact green 
and I did indeed have a sinus infection.
But not really....because that five minutes cost me half of my Christmas money.

It's okay....that I've been "fighting" that sinus infection for the past week and half. 
Nothing says Merry Christmas like a pile of used tissues and Sudafed. 
But not really...because it's hard to be jolly with a stuffy nose.

It's okay....that my husband is trying to take down our Christmas decorations already. 
But not really....because Christmas is barely even over. 

It's okay...that I secretly just want to leave them up all year.
They're joyful, and taking them down is so much work.
But not really....leaving them all year would be tacky.

It's okay....that my house is a wreck and the only food we have in the kitchen 
is leftover pizza from last night and peanut butter cookies. 
But not really....because I'm not planning to clean or go grocery shopping 
for at least a couple more days.

It's okay...that neither one of those things will probably make it until tomorrow.
But not really...because my thighs are already extremely angry with my eating habits lately.

It's okay....that my Christmas break is technically only seven workdays long. 
I didn't become a teacher for the extended time off or anything.
But not really....come on! 
Seven days is not long enough for me (and my firsties) to completely rejuvenate. 

It's okay....that I'm not putting any pictures in this post 
simply because I'm too lazy to find any good ones.
But not really...because that makes posts long and boring.

It's okay....that it's taken Willow literally three days to eat her Christmas bone. 
(She's still not done.)
But not really....well actually, no really.
It's okay cause she's just so darn cute.


And lookie there, 
you get a picture out of the deal. 


Hope the post-holiday blues are treating you better than they're treating me.
Bah humbug.



Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are sick! Hope you are feeling better so you can enjoy your 7 days. (Seriously? 7? That's almost cruel!)

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete