Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Photo an Hour - School Day Edition

Oh hey - time to pretend to be something I'm totally not. Today for your viewing pleasure, I will be channeling my lack of inner photographer and documenting my incredibly exciting day. I know you're sitting on the edge of your seat - as you should be!

I linked up a photo an hour last week with Stephanie and Meg O. When I first heard about their link up, I had already planned to document a typical school day hour by hour, because obviously life in First Grade is so exhilarating.

But then Eastern North Carolina decided to lose it's mind for a little while and have a snow storm. Resulting in 4 record long snow days. But I was still bound and determined to show you what my typical day looks like. Because, trust me lazy, snuggly snow days are not my norm (unfortunately).

~

5:24am - Rise and Shine time. Except I'm no where near shining at this point. This is when my first alarm goes off. I usually "tap to snooze" a few times before groggily letting the dogs out to tinkle.



6:24am - Carpool with my bestest friend to work, after begging Robbie to make me a breakfast smoothie.


7:24am - Enjoying the last few minutes of quiet before the bell rings.
**See also - running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I decided to leave my room in shambles the day before. No time for a picture of that madness. 

8:24am - Finishing up my first reading intervention group. 


9:24am - Planning time, tinkle time, chatting with my teammates time.
**See also - cleaning up a pee-pee accident. I missed half of my planning dealing with that (oh the joys).

10:24am - Peer editing snow day stories. 


11:24am - Usually my most favorite time of the school day : Work Station/Guided Reading time. Except this week my TA is running my Guided Reading groups while I'm assessing (God love her).


12:24pm - Lunch Time.
No I don't eat school lunches. No I don't have duty free lunch. No I don't want to talk about it. 


1:24pm - A little tens and ones action for ya.


2:24pm - Time to pack up and head to the carpet for I Spy. 


3:24pm - Wednesdays and Thursdays are meeting days. With my daily Diet Coke in tow. 


4:24pm - Finally on my way home. 


5:24pm - Unwind time. This is when Robbie and I usually catch up on our days or I catch up on Friends. Or I play a short game of tug-of-war with Roxy. You know, whatever I'm in the mood for.


6:24pm - Time to start dinner. Thanks to my weekly menu this is a much less annoying process than it used to be.


7:24pm - Time for snuggles and Wheel of Fortune.


The rest of my night usually consists of social media stalking, puppy snuggling, and TV watching. Somewhere in the mix I pack my lunch the night before so everything's ready to go for the morning. I'm usually in bed between 10 and 11 depending on how comfy I am on the couch. And then come morning it's time to start the routine all over again.




2 comments:

  1. Ah, that dachshund cuddling looks all too familiar! I swear Shelby would crawl inside of me if she could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl I am about a weekly menu too, makes that "what's for dinner" question so much easier to answer!

    ReplyDelete