Friday, November 8, 2013

No Shave November

Just kidding. I still plan to shave. At least once a week. Ha.
Kidding again.
I just hadn't addressed that it's November and I felt like I should
because holy cow - how the heck did that happen.
Wasn't I just sweating my tush off by the pool?
Now I'm bundled in Uggs and scarves
and planning Thanksgiving activities for my kids.
I'll take "how fast time flies" for 300, Alex.

~

I'm just so darn happy it's Friday.
It's been one of those weeks where I just can't get myself together.
It's been a good week, don't get me wrong.
I've just felt sluggish all week. 
Like I'm just counting down the days until I'm done.
Done with what, I'm not sure.

I'm hoping it's not holiday fever.
You know that feeling you get when the holidays are quickly approaching
and you just want to drink hot chocolate
and let your kids spend all day making Christmas crafts
and spend your evenings snuggled on the couch
instead of packing a lunch or picking out your outfit for the next day
or doing any of the other 2350980 things you should be doing?

Yea, that's holiday fever. And it usually hits around December 10.
Only problem is...it's November. November 8 to be exact.
I've got a whole month to go before succumbing to holiday fever is even remotely acceptable.

My itchy eyes, scratchy throat and runny nose could have something to do with it too
but we're not thinking about that.
If I ignore the symptoms they're sure to go away, right?

I digress...today's Friday - halle-freaking-lujah.
It's an early release day for students.
And there's no school on Monday.
Which means I'm looking at a nice longggg weekend.

ECU's Homecoming game is this weekend
and considering NC State lost their homecoming game last weekend
(I do not want to talk about it)
I'm hoping for a good time.
I'm also looking forward to some QT with my number one,
but when am I not looking forward to time with that sweet muffin?

Happy weekend dolls!

And a huge shout out to all our veterans for making it a nice, long weekend
and for all the other nice, safe days I have because of you!


Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment