Monday, January 27, 2014

All the things

I've heard this rumor that Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. And most of my Sundays are just that. However, yesterday something came over me and I did all the things!!

Robbie and I woke up and went to church - after I made a heaping stack of gluten free pancakes. Seriously, this recipe is the best I've ever found and I use it most weekends.

After enjoying a nice lunch with my mom and stepdad it was decided that my mom needed a workout partner. Apparently she started this "biggest loser" DVD challenge (but not the one with Jillian Michaels) and two days in, she hates it. I can't say I blame her. Working out is hard. But I thought it'd be much more enjoyable if we did it together.

So I went home, changed clothes and then had the brilliant idea to run with Willow to my mom's house. She only lives about 1.5 miles away, it was a brisk 55 degrees, and if you're gonna do it you might as well do it big. Plus Willow loves to run and I love to please that sweet furball.

After running to mom's (we made it all the way without stopping btw) and completing 30plus excruciating minutes of burpees, planks, and lunges we were spent.

But my abundant energy didn't stop there. My stepdad was down the road working on their new boat dock so we decided to walk down to visit him where Willow proceeded to run around in the dirt with her new dog friend Chico.

Once we got back home Willow was more than ready for a good nap. But thanks to her frolick in the dirt she needed a bath first. If bathing children is as hard as bathing Willow my future kids will never take baths. #sorrynotsorry. She hated it and Roxy was jealous that she didn't get to participate in all the torture. Meanwhile I was knee deep in soapy water dealing with a wiggle worm of a pup.

As soon as she was free from me and semi-dry she snuggled in on the couch with Robbie, who was working on lesson plans, while I went to work. Laundry, vacuuming, meal planning. I don't know what came over me. I keep hearing about these "endorphins" that supposedly come after working out but I've never personally experienced them...until yesterday apparently. I wanted everything done. Clothes folded and put away. Dishes cleaned and put away. Kitchens counters wiped down. Floors vacuumed. Dog toys put up. Kitchen table cleaned off. It all got done. Grocery list made (Robbie said he'll go after school today). Dinner menu planned. Lunch packed. Everything is done.

I felt like the energizer bunny. I kept going and going. Straight to the fridge to pour myself a hefty glass of wine once all my work was done. By 6:30 I was parked on the couch, wine in hand, chips and queso nearby, and Law and Order : SVU on the tv. I think I more than deserved to stay right there for the rest of the night. Which is exactly what I did.

I did eventually flip over to the Grammys. I'll share my thoughts on all that later. For now, I just want to continue to bask in my productivity.


1 comment:

  1. jealous of your burst of energy, I spent Sunday reading and being absolutely useless haha. Also, how did I miss you had a new blog design and pic, love it!