Sunday, April 29, 2012

7/30: Dream Job

7. What is your dream job, and why?


In a way, I've actually already landed my dream job. Although it hasn't been completely dreamy (see yesterday's post) being a teacher is what I have wanted to do my entire life! It still seems surreal to think that I finally have my very own classroom! I spent my whole childhood playing "school", forcing my stuffed animals, little brother, little cousins, anyone to be my students. I spent years in high school and college working my tail off to accomplish this goal. The fact that I finally get to play "school" for real is truly a blessing and a huge accomplishment for me. 


However, just because I'm already living the (original) dream, doesn't mean I can't have more, right?


In all reality, I do plan to go back to school to get my masters eventually. First, I want to figure out for sure what I want to get my masters in. Administration is definitely an option (after I've gotten quite a few more years teaching under my belt). Sometimes I also think it would be really fun to get my doctorate (in reading, maybe?) and become a college professor. On the other hand, I could totally see myself spending the next 30 years right in the classroom. 


But all of those job options aren't really dream jobs, more like job goals....where I could see myself in my career 5-10 years from now. 


My list of true dream jobs is as follows:


1. Stay-at-home housewife/mom - I know, I know....all you feminists out there can say what you want. But I see nothing wrong with the 1950's way of life. I would have no problem staying at home cleaning, cooking (I'd actually have time to learn), and taking care of the kids (puppies, for now) if I was able. I'd even throw on an apron and pearls for kicks and giggles. 





2. Business Owner - I would love to open my own business selling my arts, crafts, and home goods. Or even start a business involving some type of interior design. My brother and I used to talk about going into our own housing business together. Granted, we were 11 and 6, but it was a pretty fool-proof plan. He'd be the architect/contractor and I'd be the interior designer, creating dream homes. I think it'd still be pretty fun.





3. E! News Anchor - Move over Giuliana Rancic. This is by far the most far-fetched dream but I think it would be sooooo much fun.





What dream jobs do you want to have when you grow up? :)


Hugs, 


Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment