Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Officially Becoming a Blogger

I've talked about it long enough. It's time to actually take the plunge...into the wonderful world of blogging!

This past year has been a whirlwind of events. And because my brain moves a million miles a minute anyway, I decided I really could use an outlet for all these thoughts bouncing around in this brain of mine.

I was hoping I would have a specific theme for my blog before getting started officially. You know, delicious new recipes, trendy DIY home decor, clever classroom teaching strategies, something. While these are all things that interest me, and topics that I follow religiously on other blogs, none of them are things I consider myself even half an expert on and therefore could not give my blog one of these specific themes. Instead, I figured I could use this blog as an outlet for my many ramblings on all of these delightful topics!

I'm excited to start this process and (hopefully) meet lots of new "blog friends". I'm still figuring out the whole blogging thing and while I feel like I'll have lots of time to figure it out (I'm on Spring Break this week) I know once I get back to my sweet third graders next week, my time will once again be limited, so bear with me.

In the meantime, other blogs I follow have been doing Top 5 Tuesday (which I love). This week, it's beauty products:

Just Peachy

1. Bare Minerals Original Foundation - I honestly don't wear a lot of make-up, but I am in love with this stuff. Everything they say about it is true, it's light and natural feeling but still works all the magic of make-up!


2. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara (waterproof, of course) - no clumps, full lashes, what else could a girl want? And it's in a purple tube...perfection.


3. Almay EyeMake-Up Remover Pads - my best friend in high school introduced me to these and I have used them ever since! They're great for removing eye make-up at the end of the day, without leaving a greasy, oily feeling.



4. L'Oreal Professionals Intense Repair Shampoo and Conditioner - while I don't wear a lot of make-up or spend a lot of time and money on it, I am a bit of a control freak about my hair. My hairdresser (who is a miracle worker) recommended this shampoo and conditioner to me about a year ago and it has worked wonders on my hair! I couldn't live without it!


5. Sephora by OPI Nail Colour - I have a bad habit of biting my nails, so I try (very very hard) to keep them neatly cut and polished. Ideally, I would get weekly manicures but the lovely budget of a teacher doesn't quite allow for that. So instead, I channel my inner-manicurist and do it on my own! :) Right now I'm loving "How Many Carats?" but my favorite color tends to change often (and no, that is not a picture of my hand. My inner-manicurist is not that talented.)


Yay for my first post! Let me know how I did and keep checking back for even more delightful thoughts! :)

Hugs,

Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment