Tuesday, May 1, 2012

9/30: Influential People

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.


**Disclaimer - I only did 7. While writing this post, I realized how much everyone in my life has influenced me in one way or the other...some for the good and some for the bad, but either way, they definitely influenced me. I chose to write about my top 7 - the ones who have had a really big impact on my life over the past few months. My list could go on and on, but since it's a Tuesday night, I won't get too lengthy with it.

1. My high-school sweetheart (now husband) - Mr. Dunn and I have dated on and off since we were fourteen, so obviously, we've been through a lot of huge milestones together. He's always been my best friend and the first person I go to for advice. Now that we're married, the decisions I make don't just effect me. I've always been considerate of Robbie's feelings, but now it's much more important to tackle life decisions together. I like to think, in that way, we influence each other.

2. My mom - as I've mentioned on day 3 my mom is a pretty amazing woman. She has definitely always been a huge role model for me.

3. My dad - I can't mention one without the other, because I wouldn't be who I am with one and not the other. My parents truly are a perfect balance of each other and I like to think some of that balance got carried on to me. My dad has always influenced me to chase my dreams, despite the challenges that sometimes arise.

4. My cooperating teacher - I had the absolute BEST student teaching experience I could have ever imagined. My cooperating teacher was so helpful, encouraging, and fun! She welcomed me with open arms into her classroom and gave me the opportunity to find my teaching voice. She gave me so many useful tools that have come in so handy this past year. Her kindness, determination, and passion were just a few of her admirable traits.

5. My college roommate - aka my soulmate. Caroline's the best friend I've ever had and I honestly wouldn't have made it through college without her. We didn't meet until the end of our senior year when we decided to live together, but I feel like I've known her my entire life. Over the past few years, she has been one of my biggest support systems and motivators. 

6. Mrs. Buckner - This is a 4th grade teacher at my school that has truly been my saving grace. She was one of the first people to reach out to me this summer when we were setting up our classrooms and immediately took me under her wing. She (among many of my other coworkers) has been a listening ear when I needed one the most. She is always encouraging and helps in anyway she can. A part from being an amazing teacher, she is also a truly great person! (And it's only her 3rd year teaching...definitely something to aspire to.)

7. Aunt Susan and Uncle Archie - my mom's older brother and sister-in-law were also high-school sweethearts and even though they've been married 25+ years, they still act like love-struck teenagers. They are amazing parents and grandparents, devout Christians, and the epitome of what true love looks like. 

Hugs, 

Marianna

P.S. I'm not sure why my font is different than usual once I publish my posts. The OCD in me is not okay with this. The tired-teacher-who-hates-Tuesdays in me is okay with this....for now. To be fixed later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment