Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The funnest book store ever!

For some reason, Robbie and I were much more excited about this wedding anniversary than the last one. I think partly because we actually had time to celebrate this anniversary. Last year around this time we were remodeling our new house, packing our old house. Oh yea...and traveling back to the Domincan Republic with my family. It was a busy busy time.

But this year we were still just doing the same ole, same ole so we were able to actually focus some of our time and energy into our anniversary. 

We kept things pretty low key day of. I set our kitchen table using our fine china for the first time ever. Robbie cooked black bean burgers, we went and got froyo (I am obsessed now by the way) and then we snuggled on the couch with our pups and watched Pretty Little Liars. A perfect night if you ask me. 



Two days later we left for our "surprise" anniversary trip to DC. I use the term "surprise" loosely because Robbie kind of had to spill the beans on it thanks to other obligations. But no big deal - I was still way excited! I love love love spending time in big cities and spending time with Robbie in general.

Robbie and I have both been to DC several times before and done the typical sightseeing. This time we wanted to try things we hadn't done before and experience parts of the city we normally wouldn't stumble across. 

Thanks to a few of my closest Facebook friends (seriously, how did people survive without social media?)  we were told we had to go to this place called Kramer's in Dupont Circle. We looked at the menu online and decided it sounded perfect so we hopped the metro and headed that way. 

{Sidenote: I love the metro.}

Waiting for our train.

As soon as we got off, I knew I loved Dupont Circle. It was the quaintest little city neighborhood (if you can use quaint and city and neighborhood in the same sentence). Kramerbooks and Afterwords Cafe and Grill (as it's officially called) was right beside the metro station and it was seriously the neatest place I've ever been. 

The front is a book store where the books are literally crammed into every knook and craney. In the back there's a bar, a cafe, and restaurant seating. On Fridays and Saturdays they have live music. It's like a smorgishboard of fun!


And the food. Oh my gosh....the food is delicious. Pricey (I'll never get used to big city prices) but delicious. I got shrimp and grits, which was one of their weekly specials, and Robbie got a crab meat quesadilla. (Obviously I don't have a picture of either because I'm a terrible blogger and devour my food the second it hits the table.) 

We skipped out on dessert and are still kicking ourselves over it. Their dessert menu is as long as their food menu and all the desserts being delivered around us looked simply divine. We just didn't have any more room in our bellies.




It was the best start to our anniversary getaway!



Hugs,




P.S. I know this has nothing to do with this post....but I need y'all's help! I've started a Donor's Choose project for my upcoming classroom and would love for you to take a look! If you're able to donate even a few dollars it would be a HUGE help to my classroom! Feel free to spread the word!

You can check everything out by clicking HERE!! 


3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun little trip - what a neat place!! I will have to keep it in mind if I ever go back to D.C.

    And for the record - I'd take froyo over ice cream any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love stores that are also restaurants. Even though they don't seem to be really common, they're always super fun!

    Love the "surprise" anniversary trip idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stayed in DuPont when we went cause we rented a house we could take the dogs! We went to Krammers for drinks and dessert almost every night!

    ReplyDelete