Thursday, December 19, 2013

Let's Try This Again...

I published this post yesterday only to realize at 7:30 pm (after it had been live all day) that it royally sucked didn't quite work out like I had planned. Don't worry - Robbie, quickly put me in my place.

Anyway...I figured I'd give it another shot. I gave up on the idea of a play list as neither one I created worked. (Any bloggy superstar that wants to teach me how to do that would be loved forever.) But I did go through and fix the original lists I created.

_____________________________________


And with the end of another year, the Best and Worst of 2013 lists begin to emerge. 

Mrs. Music Guru herself is obviously hosting musical link up focusing on the Best Songs of 2013. I don't listen to a ton of music. In fact, I still prefer listening to CDs circa 2008 on long car trips. It drives Robbie crazy. 

Nonetheless, I hate to miss a good link up. So....I figured I'd include a few of MY favorite songs from 2013. And I'll go ahead and admit that a few of Helene's worst songs of 2013 made my list. #sorryI'mnotmusicallyinclined.

And because I'm so bad with up-to date music and Robbie hates to see me suffer publicly, he said he'll help me out. So you get a few of his favs too. I know, I know. It's your lucky day forreals.

Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines

PitBull feat. Ke$ha - Timber

Lady GaGa - Applause

Eminem - Berzerk

Electro Shine - Hope Chant

Macklemore - Thrift Shop

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive

Luke Bryan - That's My Kind of Night

Fergie - A Little Party Never Killed No Body

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop

Avicii - Wake Me Up

Surprisingly, I agreed with almost all of Robbie's list. Unfortunately, the Best Songs usually always turn into the Worst Songs because they get overplayed soooooo much. See Ho Hey, Can't Hold Us, and Blurred Lines

As big of a freak show as Miley is right now, I can't get enough of her music. Girlfriend sounds great. As long as I don't look at her, ever, I can deal. 

And that Fergie song. I could (and sometimes do) listen to it over and over and over again.

A few others Robbie forgot - 

Paramore - Still Into You

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

Anna Kendrick - Cups

One Republic - Counting Stars

Justin Timberlake - TKO


I typically hate Paramore and think all of their songs sound the same. This song isn't really much different but I love the words.

Justin Timberlake because duh, he can do no wrong.

And yes, I know Cups is annoying but I loved Pitch Perfect and I love watching my firsties clean out their Jello cups at lunch so they can clumsily perform that song.



Also, I think it should be noted that it's always this time of year that I feel really bad for anything good that happened January - March 2013. No one remembers those months. Eh.


Helene in Between


Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. i love it! and i think it's good for people to disagree on music- it's what makes it great!!!

    ReplyDelete