Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Boycotting

So this happened last night.


That's me. Strapped up to a fancy pants device 
to check my oxygen levels while I sleep.

I went to the dentist yesterday,
which sucks in general,
only to find out that my tongue
(the one I've had my whole life)
if apparently too big for my mouth.
On top of that it looks like I have a constricted airway.

All of these factors put me at a higher risk for a sleeping disorder.
Apparently.

I'm not sure why, all of a sudden, this seems to be the case.
But whatevs. Apparently it is.
So I slept in that big plastic watch last night,
dropped it back off at my dentist this morning
and now I wait for him to tell me whether or not I'm breathing properly at night.

The thing is....I don't snore.
And I'm not just saying that. 
I really don't. Unless I have a stuffy nose.
And um, hello? That's allowed.

Also, when I was asked if I get "unusually tired" throughout the day,
I was a little unsure of what qualifies as "unusual".
Could I take an afternoon nap when I get home from work?
Sure.
I get up at 6:00AM and wrangle 23 six-year-olds all day. 
Any normal person would be ready for a nap once it's all over with.

So, basically since my track record with doctors appointment sucks,
I've decided to just boycott them all together.
I'll just load up on B-12 and Airborne 
and rely on Dr. Google.
He never lets me down.
Well, when he's not telling me my headache means I have a brain tumor.


Anyway...I didn't plan on rambling on about this today.
I actually didn't plan on posting at all.
I know, I know. Lame.

I've been in kind of a "blogger funk" lately.
I blame my oversized tongue.
But when I told my number one fan 
(aka my mother)
that I didn't have anything planned for today or yesterday,
she begged and pleaded for me to reconsider.
She even offered the grand idea of writing a post about her.
Sorry mom, my newfound sleeping disorder won this one.
Maybe tomorrow.

She's currently in the throughs of tax season
and apparently enjoys a little bloggy/Facebook break every now and again.
Don't worry, I won't tell your boss.

Love you, mom!

Hate you, dentist....




Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment