Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pinspiration

I've mentioned before that I have a really hard time following directions
(shh...don't tell my students)
and therefore I very rarely actually follow though with a true Pinterest project.

Usually, I see something on Pinterest,
think it looks cool,
and find a way to do it in my own way.

My most favorite pins
are those "quick solution pins".
You know the ones that "fix" a problem or annoyance
around the house that everyone has.
Yep. Those pins that leave you going
"Duh, why didn't I think of that?"

I don't have any of the original pins for these ideas
Because honestly, I probably didn't even repin them.
These are simple solutions I found 
while scrolling through Pinterest one night.



Up first:
we have shower organization.

When Robbie and I moved into our new house 
we were definitely downgrading in the master bathroom department. 
It's an older house and the master bathroom is just nothing to write home about.
With this being said,
I was really stressed out about storage.
Particularly in the shower. 
Because let's be real,
this girls gotta lot of shower supplies.
Sorry bout it.

Hello, easy, aesthetically pleasing solution.
Via Pinterest.


Typically, I hate those shower organizers.
They're always in the way
and they just don't look good.
However...putting it on a hook made it a little fancier looking
and it's hanging over the back wall of my shower
instead of underneath the shower head,
all up in my grill.

Numero dos:
bye-bye dust ruffle.

I HATE dust ruffles.
I see pictures of them that I don't mind.
Especially the ones with the pleats.
However, in real life
we do not get along.

It could be the fact that I don't have a "normal" sized bed frame.
See, that handyman husband of mine, made our bed.
It's a Queen, but the frame sits just a few inches wider than a standard Queen.
Meaning those god-awful lovely little dust ruffles,
just don't fit.
Resulting in this:


Ugh. Awful.

Cue Pinterest.


Fitted sheet on the box spring.
Duh. Why didn't I think of that?

I painted the bed frame black 
(and could probably use a touch up coat, eh?)
threw a black fitted sheet on that box spring
and kissed that weird fitting dust ruffle good-bye.



Easy solutions to tiny problems that bugged the bageezus out of me.
Thank you Pinterest.


For some real Pinterest craftiness,
head on over to Steph and Katie's blogs!



Hugs,

1 comment: